6 Days Trekking Mount Kenya Sirimon – Naro Moru with peak circuit route
Distance: 60km | Difficulty: Demanding | Start/Finish: Nairobi
Day 1: Nairobi/Sirimon/Judmaier Camp (Old Moses Camp) 3-4 hrs, 9km, 860m ascent
Leave Nairobi at 7.30am to Nanyuki town for lunch, taking about 4 hours. Proceed to Sirimon Gate, 1 hr, 2440m. From the gate follow the track as it winds uphill though the forest which becomes heath land after about 3 hrs. About 3_ hours from the gate the track veers right to Judmaier Camp, 3300m for dinner and overnight, L, D
Day 2: Old Moses | Liki North Camp, 10km, 3hrs, 3900m
After climbing through the rain forest to 3993m. We will spend the night at Liki North Camp (camping only), B,L,D.
Day 3: Liki North Camp | Shipton’s Camp, 5km, 2hrs, 4000m
The trail proceeds to Shipton’s Camp where we will rest in order to acclimatise overnight, B,L,D.
Day 4: Shipton Camp | Mackinders Camp, 7km, 3hrs, 4200m
From Shipton’s camp the trail leads to kami hut below the north face of Batian. Continuing west – southwest the trails climbs up switchbacks in the fine snow before reaching Hausberg col at 4590m. We will descend into the upper Hausberg valley and rest at the aptly named oblong and Hausberg tarns. Ascending to the crest of a ridge known as ArthurÍs seat we see the trail winding along a beautiful series of rock ledges. We will descend to shipton’s camp for the night,B,L,D.
Included Safari Features
- Round trip transport from Nairobi to Lake Nakuru, Kisumu and Masai Mara Game Reserve
- Multi-lingual Professional Safari Guide/Driver.
- Recommended accommodation.
- Guaranteed departures for at least two (2) guests for Private trips, at least four (4) guests on Luxury trips and at least six (6) or more guests for budget booking.
- Complimentary Mineral Water in the Safari Minibus whilst on Safari
- Membership in Flying Doctors Society – Emergency air rescue
- Safari vehicles carry cold drinks and mineral water
- Guaranteed window seating with open top
- All meals included while on safari
- Pre–tour itinerary document
- Extensive Game drives
- 80% of the total sum of the trip should be paid before the day of the Safari.
Excluded Safari Features
- Personal expenses such traveling insurance, excess baggage fee, communication charges that include, laundry, emails, faxes and phone calls beverages or meals not indicated in the itinerary
- All applicable Game Park entrance fees.
- Optional Night Game drives, Bird watching, Nature walks etc
- Gratuity for Porterage / waiters at hotels, camps and airports
- Christmas, New Year and Easter Supplement
- Gratuity for your professional driver guide
- Sundowner bush cocktails, balloon Safaris, Horse Rides, Chopper trips, Yatch trips, Drown recorded trips and bush dinner. Although they can be provided on request.
- Cost of obtaining passport and visas while crossing borders.
- International/ Local Airfares.