To provide access to medical care in underserved and vulnerable communities around the world to improve the health, wellness, medical relief and quality of life of those populations most in need.
Medicines, supplies, healthcare facilities and equipment are in great need in Kenya. Our Medical Volunteers program that attempts to help meet these needs in regions of the country with special emphasis in Western Kenya and Ukambani. You can be a part of this ministry by contributing needed medicines, supplies or equipment, by joining a mission team and participating in an on-site medical Outreach Program (volunteers are needed with or without medical knowledge or experience)
Medical Camp Volunteer – Western Kenya (10 Days)
For those keen on Volunteer Tourism, welcome to this unique opportunity in Busia District, Western Kenya. You do not need to have a medical background to qualify for this opportunity. We depart with a minimum of two people. On this humanitarian trip, you come face to face with the pure African culture, experience their ways of life, learn from them, but most important touch their lives with much needed medical assistance.
This is purely a humanitarian trip. There are no excursions to the parks, beaches, mountains, etc. This trip is designed for those keen on medical or public health missions in Kenya. However, you will be free to request for other extras like the wildlife safari for after the medical camp trip.
Day 1 Travel from NAIROBI to BUSIA
We depart our Nairobi hotel in the morning, destination Busia. We enjoy lunch en route and attractions along the way, arriving at our Busia hotel by mid-afternoon. The evening is spent at leisure, dinner and overnight at our hotel.
Day 2 and 3 BUYOFU
Our first medical camp set up is in one of BusiaÍs poorest areas, Buyofu. We pitch the camp at Buyofu Baptist Church from 9:45 am to 4:30 pm (9:30 am _ 4:45 pm on day three). We return to the hotel for dinner and overnight stay each evening.
Day 4 and 5 IGARA
After breakfast we depart to Igara, north of Busia. This is a remote village with many challenges. The camp here will be open 9:45 am to 4:45 pm (9:30 am _ 4:45 pm on day five). Dinner and overnight at our hotel each evening.
Day 6 and 7 MALANGA
Malanga lies to the southeast of Busia. Our camp will be open 9:45 am to 4:45 pm (9:30 am _ 4:45 pm on day seven) at Malanga primary school. Dinner and overnight at our hotel back in Busia.
Day 8 and 9 MATAYOS
We depart our hotel after breakfast for Matayos, which is located on the main Busia-Kisumu highway. The camp will run 9:45 am to 4:45 pm (9:30 am _ 4:30 pm on day nine). Dinner and overnight at our hotel back in Busia.
Day 10 Travel from BUSIA to NAIROBI
If you would like to extend your stay with a beach holiday or any other African experience, we will be happy to organize this for you.
Included Safari Features
- Round trip transport from Nairobi, through the sites mentioned in the above itinerary and back to Nairobi.
- Multi-lingual Professional Safari Guide/Driver.
- Recommended accommodation.
- Guaranteed departures for at least two (2) guests for Private trips, at least four (4) guests on Luxury trips and at least six (6) or more guests for budget booking.
- Complimentary Mineral Water in the Safari Minibus whilst on Safari.
- Membership in Flying Doctors Society – Emergency air rescue.
- Safari vehicles carry cold drinks and mineral water.
- Guaranteed window seating with open top/ roof.
- All meals included while on safari.
- Pre–tour itinerary document.
- Extensive Game drives.
- 100% of the total sum of the trip to be paid before the day of the Safari.
- Government Levy, VAT and Service charges are included.
- Guaranteed clean, well serviced & well conditions cars.
Excluded Safari Features
- Personal expenses such traveling insurance, excess baggage fee, communication charges that includes, emails, faxes, cell phones, airtime and phone calls, beverages or meals not indicated in the itinerary.
- All applicable Game Park entrance fees.
- Optional Night Game drives, Bird watching, Nature walks, evening outings etc.
- Gratuity for Porte rage, waiters at hotels, camps and airports.
- Christmas, New Year and Easter Supplements.
- Gratuity for your professional driver guide.
- Sundowner bush cock tails, balloon Safaris, Horse Rides, Chopper trips, Yatch trips, Drown recorded trips and bush dinner. Although they can be provided on request.
- Cost of obtaining passport and visas while crossing borders.
- International/ Local / Flying Doctors Airfares.
Kindly note: We considerately advocate for M-Pesa payment for your safari using our TILL NUMBER.