There are many organisations that we collaborate with in Kenya and the rest of East Africa that will be more than willing to accommodate you and your services to their respective communities.
The purpose of this trip is to take students back to the cradle of humanity – not just to civilizations past, but to where humanity began – East Africa, in part in Kenya. By being involved in this particular trip, students will not only view the people and lifestyles of one of the most vibrant countries in East Africa, they will have the chance to view one of the most endangered ecosystems in the world.
Wealthy people, with their ‘demand’ for the exotic – some people included -are killing the diversity of planet Earth. The fortunate students who get to go on this trip will get to see sights that others will never see because of the ‘demand’ for trophies or living space – and who, perhaps, can blame some people for poaching to earn a living that is leading to the extinction of species. This trip blends people and nature.
Educational Trip Kenya
Our student and school trips offer valuable learning experiences and lots of fun through various activities like white water rafting, bungee jumping, canoeing, fishing, quad biking, safaris and more. We expose students to new and stimulating situations which help to build confidence in young people, both now and for their future.
Our experience in organizing trips and visits for students, especially to Kenya, cannot be equalled. Safety is paramount in all our activities and thorough risk assessments and contingency plans are an integral part of our organization.
1. To expose students to a part of planet Earth that they, or their parents, would probably never think of going.
2. To take students out of their comfort zone (safely), and into the realm of where almost 50 per cent (maybe more) of the world’s population live – day-to-day survival.
3. To expose students to the beauty of Africa – the people, the ecosystem, and the ability to be happy with few of the material comforts in life.
4. To experience a cultural exchange with the Kenyans by visiting a mission school where the students have been orphaned because of the AIDS epidemic in Kenya, and later to visit a Teachers’ College of young hopeful Kenyans who are training to be teachers.
5. To experience a Farm stay so that students get to experience a life on a farm on a large estate in which the enterprising farmers today use modern agricultural methods to work the land and who also supplement their living with evening safari tours
6. At the end of the trip, to be able to empathize with those – anywhere in the world, including Your home country- who, through no direct fault of their own, are not able to enjoy the same comforts as people in the ‘developed world’.
7. Perhaps, somewhere down the line and when this trip’s participants are decision makers with financial resources at their disposal, they will contribute to help people in Africa, to save endangered species, and to give groups of people less fortunate than themselves a chance to survive.
www.kenyasafaripackages.com copyright material
8. The objectives above are not necessarily curriculum related – they transcend formal education and deal with education about the real world.
OUTLINE OF THE ACTIVITIES ASSOCIATED WITH THIS TRIP
Day 1 Nairobi – city tour
Nairobi’s rich history, culture and art. Visit the museum, snake park, and botanical garden
Day 2 Nakuru
Entrance to the Great Rift Valley – evening game drive to Lake Nakuru National Park – to see in their natural environment: flamingoes, zebras, elephants and gazelles.
Day 3 Lake Bogoria and a Farm Stay
Bird life, hippos and crocodiles; along with stunning geothermal activity.
Day 4 Bogoria – Naivasha
The Lake Bogoria ecosystem and biodiversity in East Africa.
Day 5 Hells Gate and Elsmere Field Centre
(The site of BORN FREE (about Elsa, the lioness), and conservation efforts in this part of the world.)
Day 6 Longonot Climb + Boat Ride
Hike through the Great Rift Valley plus visit to hippo colonies, and local villages to meet with its people.
Day 7 Crater Lake Sanctuary
Nairobi – wild-life sanctuary
Day 8 Nairobi
Sheldricks orphanage + Giraffe center + butterfly center, shopping in local markets selling East African Arts & Crafts
Day 9 Lake Elementaita
Leave for Lake Elementaita for a walk around the lake, breath-taking views and nature walk. Visit a Mission School, a home and school for children orphaned because of AIDS
Return to Nairobi. Visit a local school to interact with the Kenyan students for cultural exchange. Depart to Mombassa that evening on the overnight train.
Tour excursions of the main historical attractions and markets in Mombasa
Flights from Mombasa back to Nairobi
Included Safari Features
- Round trip transport from Nairobi, through the sites mentioned in the above itinerary and back to Nairobi.
- Multi-lingual Professional Safari Guide/Driver.
- Recommended accommodation.
- Guaranteed departures for at least two (2) guests for Private trips, at least four (4) guests on Luxury trips and at least six (6) or more guests for budget booking.
- Complimentary Mineral Water in the Safari Minibus whilst on Safari.
- Membership in Flying Doctors Society – Emergency air rescue.
- Safari vehicles carry cold drinks and mineral water.
- Guaranteed window seating with open top/ roof.
- All meals included while on safari.
- Pre–tour itinerary document.
- Extensive Game drives.
- 100% of the total sum of the trip to be paid before the day of the Safari.
- Government Levy, VAT and Service charges are included.
- Guaranteed clean, well serviced & well conditions cars.
Excluded Safari Features
- Personal expenses such traveling insurance, excess baggage fee, communication charges that includes, emails, faxes, cell phones, airtime and phone calls, beverages or meals not indicated in the itinerary.
- All applicable Game Park entrance fees.
- Optional Night Game drives, Bird watching, Nature walks, evening outings etc.
- Gratuity for Porte rage, waiters at hotels, camps and airports.
- Christmas, New Year and Easter Supplements.
- Gratuity for your professional driver guide.
- Sundowner bush cock tails, balloon Safaris, Horse Rides, Chopper trips, Yatch trips, Drown recorded trips and bush dinner. Although they can be provided on request.
- Cost of obtaining passport and visas while crossing borders.
- International/ Local / Flying Doctors Airfares.
Kindly note: We considerately advocate for M-Pesa payment for your safari using our TILL NUMBER.