Aberdare National park covers higher areas of the Aberdares mountain range of Central Kenya. The topography is diverse with deep ravines that cut through the forested eastern and western slopes. It’s an isolated volcanic range that form the eastern wall of the Great Rift Valley running roughly 100km (10 miles) north to south between Nairobi and Thompsons falls in Nyahururu. It has two key peaks which are Ol Donyo Lesatima (3,999m) and Kinangop (3,906m) separated by a long saddle of alpine moorland over 3000 meters. Within are many clear streams and waterfalls and the park is readily accessible on tarmac from Nyeri and Naru- Moru on the eastern Kenya which is 160km (16 miles) side from Nyeri. At one of the hotels in the park-Tree tops lodge- Queen Elizabeth learnt of her accession to the throne in 1952. The lodge was originally built in 1923 and has since much history and royal connection. By 1952, Treetops had expanded to a four room lodge and was ready to welcome its first forum guest. In February that year, a young girl climbed the tree hotel as a princess one afternoon, to descend the following morning as Queen Elizabeth II of Great Britain-her father King George IV had died during the night. By now, Treetops lodge reputation had spread far and wide and for the globetrotter, the rich, the famous and the fashionable no safari in Kenya was regarded as complete without experiencing the Treetops lodge adventure. Today with all the exciting safari lodges and camps Kenya has to offer, 50 rooms Treetop heads the list for our many visiting tourists. Treetops lodge lies in the path of an ancient elephant migratory route between the Aberdare Mountains and Mt. Kenya National Park, and is strategically sited right in front of watering hole and Salt Lick where guests can drink in the sight of elephants, buffalos, rhinos and more from the platform. There are also about 250 species of birds, reptiles and insects.
Nairobi Railway Museum.
The Queen’s special seats are well “special”- a must for ladies to try. They are said to have secret charm when touched!
The most expensive use of the ROYAL TRAIN was in 1959, when Queen Elizabeth and the Queen Elizabeth mother made marathon Journey through Kenya and declared that the train journey between Nakuru and the Equator was the most beautiful in the world!
Queen Elizabeth National Park, located in south western Uganda is one of the most scenic national parks in East Africa. The national park was established in 1952, named after Queen Elizabeth II, but the park was later re-named Ruwenzori to its royal name. Occupying an area of 1978 square km, east of Lake Edward and south of Ruwenzori Mountains, Queen Elizabeth National Park contains an incredible number of species- about 100 mammals’ species and over 600 species of birds. The rich flora and fauna of Queen Elizabeth National Park confirms the reason as to why the park is the most visited game reserve in Uganda. The park is also famous for its volcanic cones and deep craters- many craters lakes such as the salt generating Lake Katwe.
Some of the wildlife hosted by Queen Elizabeth National Park includes elephants, leopards, lions, water buffaloes, antelopes and hippos. In deed the Kazinga Channel, the 40 –km channel connecting Lake Edward is said to hold the largest concentration of hippos in the world. However, there are no impala, giraffe, zebra or rhino in the park.
Queen Elizabeth National Park lies on the floor of the Great Rift Valley. The low altitude and its location exactly on the equator mean that temperatures can be warm, rising from a mean minimum of 18oC to a mean maximum of 28OC. the park receives up to 1250mm of rain , mostly during march –may and September –November.
The best time to visit Queen Elizabeth National Park is between January and February – the hot dry months of Uganda. During the months of June to September when the park is driest, animals can be spotted easily near the water sources but this is not a good time to visit as afternoon thunderstorms can happen at any time. It is inadvisable to visit the park in the months of October to December and March to May as roads are impassible as a result of heavy rains.
Queen Elizabeth National Park can be accessed by road from the capital city of Kampala- located 420 km away or via aircraft. There is a landing strip for light aircraft at Mweya Lodge and another for larger aircrafts at the town of Kasese situated on the western edge of the national park.
Included Safari Features
- Round trip transport from Nairobi, through the sites mentioned in the above itinerary and back to Nairobi.
- Multi-lingual Professional Safari Guide/Driver.
- Recommended accommodation.
- Guaranteed departures for at least two (2) guests for Private trips, at least four (4) guests on Luxury trips and at least six (6) or more guests for budget booking.
- Complimentary Mineral Water in the Safari Minibus whilst on Safari.
- Membership in Flying Doctors Society – Emergency air rescue.
- Safari vehicles carry cold drinks and mineral water.
- Guaranteed window seating with open top/ roof.
- All meals included while on safari.
- Pre–tour itinerary document.
- Extensive Game drives.
- 100% of the total sum of the trip to be paid before the day of the Safari.
- Government Levy, VAT and Service charges are included.
- Guaranteed clean, well serviced & well conditions cars.
Excluded Safari Features
- Personal expenses such traveling insurance, excess baggage fee, communication charges that includes, emails, faxes, cell phones, airtime and phone calls, beverages or meals not indicated in the itinerary.
- All applicable Game Park entrance fees.
- Optional Night Game drives, Bird watching, Nature walks, evening outings etc.
- Gratuity for Porte rage, waiters at hotels, camps and airports.
- Christmas, New Year and Easter Supplements.
- Gratuity for your professional driver guide.
- Sundowner bush cock tails, balloon Safaris, Horse Rides, Chopper trips, Yatch trips, Drown recorded trips and bush dinner. Although they can be provided on request.
- Cost of obtaining passport and visas while crossing borders.
- International/ Local / Flying Doctors Airfares.
Kindly note: We considerately advocate for M-Pesa payment for your safari using our TILL NUMBER.