The island (Mombasa) is Kenya’s second largest metropolis and the main sea gate to East Africa. It is adequately connected to up-country centers by road, rail and an efficient domestic air service. Mombasa has the harmonious mixture of the ancient and the modern.
Mombasa town tour
The colourful island town of Mombasa with its blend of ancient and modern buildings on the Indian Ocean is Kenya’s principal port and the country’s second largest city. A comprehensive tour of the island include the old Arab town, with it’s maze of narrow twisting alleys displaying the beautifully curved doors and verandahs, bazaars with curio and antique shops, the Dhow harbour still in use, a Hindu temple, a visit to the Akamba wood carvers and a drive to the bazaar for a short shopping expedition. The high light of the tour is probably the visit to Fort Jesus. Built in 1593 by the Portuguese to guard the entrance to the old Dhow harbour, it is the island’s Landmark. Four hundred years old, the port still stands and serves as a historical museum.
Coastal Cultural Tour (Bush Tour)
The coastal countryside and its people offer a different perspective to Kenya’s tribal heritage. The tour provides a glimpse into the traditions and cultures of the coastal people with a visit to a Giriama or Digo Village with our local guide. Continue to Kaloleni to visit the local market and thereafter drive to Kenya Marine land on the North coast, which offers an opportunity to observe numerous species of tropical marine life in giant aquariums. A snake park, situated nearby is also visited and you can watch carvers at work producing the famous ñMakondeî pieces of art.
Shimba Hills Tour/Mwaluganje elephant Sanctuary (MES)
The Shimba Hills are a short drive from Mombasa. South of the island, they are reached via the Likoni Ferry and are over a thousand feet high which offers one a view of both the Indian Ocean and the African bush. A visit to the MES is highly recommended and is located about 30 minutes from the glistening beaches of south coast. At MES you will experience a unique safari in a spectacular landscape. Elephants here never forget. Like them, you’ll always remember Mwaluganje. MES’s 60,000 acres feature dramatic cliffs and forested hills as well as bush land with baobabs _ all striking for the wildlife. Apart from the elephant, you might see warthog, impala, bushbuck, sable, Cape buffalo and leopard.
Malindi and Gedi Tour
Depart from your coastal hotel and drive north to Kilifi through attractive country covered by extensive sisal plantations dotted with huge baobab trees. Cross the scenic creek and continue onto the ancient city of Gedi-a 13th century ruin in the heart of a dense forest. Thereafter proceed onto the coastal town of Malindi for lunch and an exploration of the marine park in a glass-bottomed boat where an experienced guide takes you on goggling and snorkelling. Later, visit a nearby village and watch the Giriama tribe perform exciting tribal dances before driving back to Mombasa by sundown.
Full Day _ City Tour and Nature Tour.
A comprehensive morning tour of the island including a visit to Fort Jesus is followed by lunch at Mamba Village. Mamba is the Swahili name for crocodile and this ñvillageî is really a crocodile farm. Depart after lunch for the Bamburi Quarry Nature Trail. The wasteland of the stone quarry has been reclaimed and amongst the casuarinas trees and other tropical flora reside a variety of wildlife and birds, Eland and Buffalo, Crocodiles and other reptiles can be seen wandering with crowned cranes. The commercially viable aquaculture complex is also visited.
Tamarind Dhow Safari
At 12.00pm or 6.30 pm departure from the Tamarind jetty for the lunch cruise or evening cruise respectively. After a welcome cocktail the Tamarind Dhow Nawalicker (meaning Gateway to Heaven) cruises past the Old Town and Fort Jesus. Fantastic sea food meals prepared by the world famous Tamarind Restaurant are enjoyed while a local band plays music to suite all tastes. A tri-lingual guide, fully stocked bar and friendly service all add to the unforgettable atmosphere. 2.45 pm or 10.30 pm return to the jetty and thereafter your hotel.
Diani Reef Beach Resort and Spa – Mombasa
Set on the legendary Diani Beach – a magnificent stretch of unbroken white sand along Kenya’s South Coast – Diani Reef Beach Resort and Spa is the first of its kind in Kenya’s resort world. Overlooking the exquisite blue-green Indian Ocean, it provides for a charming and romantic get-away. Diani Reef Beach Resort and Spa lends uniqueness, sophistication and style to this traditional coastal setting. There are 30 acres of landscaped tropical gardens and 350 metres of beach front for your relaxation.
Included Safari Features
- Round trip transport from Nairobi, through the sites mentioned in the above itinerary and back to Nairobi.
- Multi-lingual Professional Safari Guide/Driver.
- Recommended accommodation.
- Guaranteed departures for at least two (2) guests for Private trips, at least four (4) guests on Luxury trips and at least six (6) or more guests for budget booking.
- Complimentary Mineral Water in the Safari Minibus whilst on Safari.
- Membership in Flying Doctors Society – Emergency air rescue.
- Safari vehicles carry cold drinks and mineral water.
- Guaranteed window seating with open top/ roof.
- All meals included while on safari.
- Pre–tour itinerary document.
- Extensive Game drives.
- 100% of the total sum of the trip to be paid before the day of the Safari.
- Government Levy, VAT and Service charges are included.
- Guaranteed clean, well serviced & well conditions cars.
Excluded Safari Features
- Personal expenses such traveling insurance, excess baggage fee, communication charges that includes, emails, faxes, cell phones, airtime and phone calls, beverages or meals not indicated in the itinerary.
- All applicable Game Park entrance fees.
- Optional Night Game drives, Bird watching, Nature walks, evening outings etc.
- Gratuity for Porte rage, waiters at hotels, camps and airports.
- Christmas, New Year and Easter Supplements.
- Gratuity for your professional driver guide.
- Sundowner bush cock tails, balloon Safaris, Horse Rides, Chopper trips, Yatch trips, Drown recorded trips and bush dinner. Although they can be provided on request.
- Cost of obtaining passport and visas while crossing borders.
- International/ Local / Flying Doctors Airfares.
Kindly note: We considerately advocate for M-Pesa payment for your safari using our TILL NUMBER.