The birds use the mountain’s strong updrafts to carry them south for the winter. More than 80,000 people visit annually.
DAY 1 – NAIROBI
You will be received at the airport (JKIA _ Nairobi) and transferred to your hotel for overnight stay in preparation for the safari. There will be briefing, dinner and overnight at Safari Park.
DAY 2 – NAKURU.
Depart after our morning breakfast for Lake Nakuru National Park, 140km North West of Nairobi, and covering 180 sq km. At Lake Nakuru, the waters are often colored, shimmering flamingos pink from thousands of the beautiful birds lining its shores.
The Park is also home to warthogs, waterbucks, buffalos, reed bucks and the occasional leopards. There are also white and black rhinos and over 400 species of birds. Guest shall have an evening game drive after lunch and short city tour at Nakuru.
DAY 3 – NAKURU- KAKAMEGA FOREST NATIONAL RESERVE.
Depart Nakuru after our morning breakfast for Kakamega forest National reserve, is situated in the Lake Victoria basin, about 50km north of Kisumu city. Being the only remnant in Kenya of the unique wildlife and scenic beauty.
After arrival, guest shall have their lunch at Golf hotel and the rest of the day at leisure. Dinner and overnight at the hotel. At dawn, we shall have our early breakfast for us to have enough of our time to see and study as many birds as possible in this serenity.
The sound of the golden- breasted starling and golden pipit, doves and many more different birds are heard at this time of the day and best time to catch our best shorts. The rest of the day is spent in the park, through the thick bushes.
DAY 4 – KAKAMEGA FOREST NATIONAL RESERVE.
After breakfast, drive deep into Kakamega forest; walk through the forest in the company of forest rangers.
This is the last remaining patch of indigenous rainforest that once spread over most of central Africa. Its pathways wind beneath a rich canopy of trees full of monkeys, birds and clouds of butterflies. Dinner and overnight at Golf Hotel.
DAY5 – MOUNT ELGON NATIONAL PARK.
Depart Golf hotel after breakfast and head northward to Mount Elgon National park through Eldoret town. Have stop-over at Eldoret for lunch and there after continue with our safari. Mount Elgon is the KenyaÍs second tallest mountain, wagagai peak being the highest peak (14,177ft).
It has a wild and intact wilderness with breathtaking scenery of cliffs, caves, waterfalls, gorges and impressive mountains peaks. It is also provides habitats to elephants, buffalos, leopard, several species of monkeys, giant forest hog, various types of antelopes and over 240 species of birds.
Mount Elgon also offers excellent climbing and trekking opportunities (no climbing gear is required, except warm clothes) and the park can also arrange for a guide. We shall go down to Kitale for dinner and overnight at Muremba Retreat.
After our breakfast we shall visit Saiwa Swamp National park. Its located north of Kitale and the smallest park in Kenya.
It was established to protect the rare semi aquatic Sitatunga antelope, distinguished by its long, splayed hooves, (also Ruma National park) see more. which are well adapted for walking through the muddy, vegetated swamp fed by the Saiwa River.
The park features river line forest and patches of grassland dotted with acacia trees and is also home to De brazzaÍs and black and white Columbus monkeys, otter, bush buck, grey duiker and many of other species of animals.
The park has a well maintained trail, plus four observation towers and a basic campsite at the gate. We shall camp at this site for overnight stay.
DAY 7 – 8
We shall visit Kabarnet museum and Kipsara man museum on our way back to Nairobi on this day. Guest shall have a day at leisure in Nairobi in preparation for central circuit safari.
DAY 9 – 10
We shall leave the hotel early after breakfast and visit Mwea National park as we head down to Aberdare National park. Meals and overnight at Tree top. Next day is spent at Aberdare forest and part of Mount Kenya.
Included Safari Features
- Round trip transport from Nairobi, through the sites mentioned in the above itinerary and back to Nairobi.
- Multi-lingual Professional Safari Guide/Driver.
- Recommended accommodation.
- Guaranteed departures for at least two (2) guests for Private trips, at least four (4) guests on Luxury trips and at least six (6) or more guests for budget booking.
- Complimentary Mineral Water in the Safari Minibus whilst on Safari.
- Membership in Flying Doctors Society – Emergency air rescue.
- Safari vehicles carry cold drinks and mineral water.
- Guaranteed window seating with open top/ roof.
- All meals included while on safari.
- Pre–tour itinerary document.
- Extensive Game drives.
- 100% of the total sum of the trip to be paid before the day of the Safari.
- Government Levy, VAT and Service charges are included.
- Guaranteed clean, well serviced & well conditions cars.
Excluded Safari Features
- Personal expenses such traveling insurance, excess baggage fee, communication charges that includes, emails, faxes, cell phones, airtime and phone calls, beverages or meals not indicated in the itinerary.
- All applicable Game Park entrance fees.
- Optional Night Game drives, Bird watching, Nature walks, evening outings etc.
- Gratuity for Porte rage, waiters at hotels, camps and airports.
- Christmas, New Year and Easter Supplements.
- Gratuity for your professional driver guide.
- Sundowner bush cock tails, balloon Safaris, Horse Rides, Chopper trips, Yatch trips, Drown recorded trips and bush dinner. Although they can be provided on request.
- Cost of obtaining passport and visas while crossing borders.
- International/ Local / Flying Doctors Airfares.
Kindly note: We considerately advocate for M-Pesa payment for your safari using our TILL NUMBER.