Accommodations in Luxury lodges/tented lodges
Africa wildlife family safari with activities for the whole family, wildlife , trout fishing in Mt Kenya, camel ride and walking with the Masai guides
Day 1: Arrival
Meet and assist services at Jomo Kenyatta international airport on arrival and transfer to Boulevard Hotel for overnight stay in readiness for an adventure family safari the following day
Day 2: Nairobi – Samburu game reserve
Pick up from your hotel at 0730 hrs. and depart for the dramatic semi-arid scrub land of the Northern Frontier. Arrival in Samburu will be by lunch time. After lunch embark on a game drive to sight resident wildlife species like the Reticulated Giraffe, Grevy’s Zebra, Beisa Oryx and the Blue-necked Somali Ostrich that are rare elsewhere in the country. Dinner and overnight will be at the spectacular Samburu Sopa lodge
Day 3: Samburu Game Reserve
Full Day spent exploring the park. Dinner and overnight stay at Samburu Sopa Lodge
The highlights of Samburu game reserve is the spectacular scenic beauty, rivers and forests. It is an area where the local people have a rich and colorful heritage. The reserves have numerous permanent springs and a wealth of wildlife which includes leopard, hippo, elephant, lion, reticulated giraffe, grevyÍs zebra and crocodile in the Ewaso Nyiro River. Over 365 species of birds have been identified in the sanctuaries.
Day 4 : Samburu – Mt Kenya -Fishing/camel walk
Depart the lodge soon after breakfast _ drive to the for Mt Kenya region at the foot hills of Mt Kenya _ lunch at Timau River lodge _ after noon spent taking a guided nature walk ,camel walk/ trout fishing – Dinner and overnight stay at Timau River lodge
Day 5: Lake Nakuru National park
After breakfast depart for Lake Nakuru. Arrival will be in time for lunch at your lodge, located inside the Lake Nakuru National Park. In the afternoon you will embark on a game drive where you will have the opportunity to spot leopards, rhino and the famous pink flamingos as well as a variety of other wildlife. Dinner and overnight at Lake Nakuru guest house
Lake Nakuru’s claim to fame is anchored on its flamingo’s and the over 400 species of birds found here. The lake itself is a soda lake on the floor of the rift valley. The sight of the at times millions of flamingos is quite spectacular.
From a distance the lake appears ringed in pink. The Lake has also earned a reputation as an important haven for endangered species- particularly the Rothschild Giraffe and the black and white rhino. Lions, waterbuck, buffalo and baboons are all residents here
Day 6: Lake Naivasha – Masai Mara
Morning boat ride then the hotel for breakfast, drive to Masai Mara – the land of vast migrating animals to arrive in good time for lunch at Mara Kichakani Camp _ Afternoon game drives followed by . Dinner and overnight at Mara Kichakani Camp
Day 7: Masai Mara
Full day spent exploring the park in search of the Big 5 with a possibility of seeing the spectacular annual wildebeest migration that takes place from July through to October .Optional hot air balloon safari can be arranged at an extra cost of US$ 450. Dinner and overnight at Mara Kichakani Camp
The Masai Mara Game Reserve is arguably KenyaÍs most popular game sanctuary. It is the most famous and most visited game reserve in Kenya. The film ïOut of AfricaÍ was made to a great extent in this reserve.
Virtually every type of wildlife can be seen at the Mara. A spectacle worth seeing is the annual migration of millions of wildebeest, zebra and gazelle from Serengeti plains across the Tanzania border and the Mara River to reach Masai Mara grazing fields from late June.
The dramatic crossing of the river and the preying on the migrants by predators can be viewed from early July to August. The reserve abounds with birdlife since dose to about 452 species have been recorded.
Day 8 Masai Mara – walking with Masai guide
Early morning game drives then return to the camp for breakfast _ spend the rest of the morning swimming _ Lunch then talk a two-hour nature walk with the Masai guide who is conversant flora and fauna,wildlife,trees and their traditional medicinal value, the masai peoples traditions he will also teach the children some bush survival tips like knowing how to behave in the presence of wild animals.
Finaly visit the visit the Masai manyattas where a local Masai guide will give you an intriguing account of the Masai people and their traditions that have stood the test of time and still prevail on the plains , the family too have a chance of participating in the local Masai traditional dance. Return to Mara Kichakani camp for dinner and overnight stay
Day 9: Masai Mara -Nairobi
Morning game drives then return to the Camp for breakfast, exit the park and drive to Nairobi to arrive by 1400 hrs lunch then visit Karen blixen Museum/giraffe centre where the children would feed the giraffes by hands – proceed to the carnivore restaurant for dinner – drop off at the airport there after to board your home bound flight.
Included Safari Features
- Round trip transport from Nairobi to Lake Nakuru, Kisumu and Masai Mara Game Reserve
- Multi-lingual Professional Safari Guide/Driver.
- Recommended accommodation.
- Guaranteed departures for at least two (2) guests for Private trips, at least four (4) guests on Luxury trips and at least six (6) or more guests for budget booking.
- Complimentary Mineral Water in the Safari Minibus whilst on Safari
- Membership in Flying Doctors Society – Emergency air rescue
- Safari vehicles carry cold drinks and mineral water
- Guaranteed window seating with open top
- All meals included while on safari
- Pre–tour itinerary document
- Extensive Game drives
- 80% of the total sum of the trip should be paid before the day of the Safari.
Excluded Safari Features
- Personal expenses such traveling insurance, excess baggage fee, communication charges that include, laundry, emails, faxes and phone calls beverages or meals not indicated in the itinerary
- All applicable Game Park entrance fees.
- Optional Night Game drives, Bird watching, Nature walks etc
- Gratuity for Porterage / waiters at hotels, camps and airports
- Christmas, New Year and Easter Supplement
- Gratuity for your professional driver guide
- Sundowner bush cocktails, balloon Safaris, Horse Rides, Chopper trips, Yatch trips, Drown recorded trips and bush dinner. Although they can be provided on request.
- Cost of obtaining passport and visas while crossing borders.
- International/ Local Airfares.